For Bredhoff & Kaiser
This is an accessibility statement from Bredhoff & Kaiser, PLLC.
Measures to Support Accessibility
Bredhoff & Kaiser, PLLC takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of the Bredhoff & Kaiser website:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Bredhoff & Kaiser is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Bredhoff & Kaiser. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on the Bredhoff & Kaiser website:
- Phone: (202) 842-2600
- Address: 805 Fifteenth Street N.W. Washington, DC 20005-2207
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The Bredhoff & Kaiser website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Modern browsers
- Modern operating systems
- Screen readers
Accessibility of the Bredhoff & Kaiser website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the Bredhoff & Kaiser website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for the Bredhoff & Kaiser website:
- Inaccessible Email Modal: Bredhoff & Kaiser's email is not accessible from the header, footer, and Contact page, due to its enclosure in a pop-up form requiring user consent to a legal statement. By clicking the email link below, you acknowledge that you've read the following notice:
This email has been initiated at the website www.bredhoff.com. The content of this email is provided by, and is the responsibility of, the person posting the email communication, and not of any person affiliated with the www.bredhoff.com website. This email does not and will not create an attorney-client relationship, and will not necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. By sending this email, you acknowledge that any reliance on material in this email communication is at your own risk.
To continue, click
- Main navigation menu sub-menus: Not accessible via the tab key from the main menu and not accessible to screen readers. The sub-menus, however, are fully tab-accessible and screen-reader accessible as local menus in each site section. This problem stems from conflicts with the site's 3rd-party platform. Monitoring for platform updates to resolve this issue is in progress. If you are relying on the keyboard or on a screenreader for navigation, please use the local menus in each site section to navigate within those sections. Simply tab to the menu headers with the down-arrow icon and press "return" or "enter" to display the submenus. On a screenreader, activating subheader links will expand any submenus.
- Poorly rendered alt tags for images: Images on the home page include artwork via a plugin that generates alt tags based on the image file names. The code for this plugin has not yet been accessed for modification. To alleviate the problem, all image files are named as descriptively as possible. No images on the site are used to transmit critical content or information. For accessible information about the artwork used on this site, please visit Artwork Credits.
- Poor keyboard navigation on modal pop-ups: On the Our People page, pop-up boxes triggered by clicking gallery images (or by hitting "return" or "enter" while the focus is set on those images) cannot be closed with any key. None of the content in the pop-up boxes is accessible to screen readers, including the "Close" button. This is due, in part, to conflicts with a 3rd party plugin. Monitoring for plugin updates to resolve this issue is in progress. In the meantime, if a pop-up is triggered, please click the "tab" key, followed by "enter" or "return" to progress through and out of the gallery. All content in pop-up boxes is identical to the content in the attorney profile pages, accessed through the local navigation menu in the Our People section.
The site developer for Bredhoff & Kaiser, PLLC has assessed the accessibility of the Bredhoff & Kaiser website by the following approaches:
- Google Chrome Lighthouse
- WAVE Accessibility Checker
This statement was created on 21 January 2022 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.